Name of the USAID program: Program for Strengthening Independent Media in Macedonia (SIMM)
Name of the project implemented by MDC: Media Legal Reform and Responsible Media
Period of realization: Nov 19, 2012 – Nov 19, 2015
Anticipated Project budget (Life of Project): $ 488,268
Тhis project foresees interventions in two major areas:
- Media Legal and Policy program and
- Professionalization of new media
The goals of the project are:
- Legal framework that guarantees the freedom of expression in line with international standards and enable the existence of a sustainable media community;
- Mainstreaming the new media as sustainable and inclusive professional media outlets;
- Involving journalists and CSOs in public debate and public review of the quality of legal framework in the country.
These goals will be achieved through expertise, research, advocating, monitoring, debating and linking different stakeholders.
All documents produced under this project can be found on MDC web page.